The most scrumptious dessert in the whole wide world is a Triple Berry Crostata.
- 1/2 cup of seedless blueberry or blackberry jam
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, combined to make one
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix jam with corn starch until smooth.
- Gently add all of the berries and fold into the jam mixture. Try not to stir too much, or the berries will break down. Set berries aside.
- Roll two refrigerated pie crusts into a larger crust that will fit in a 12" cast iron skillet , with at least 2 inches of overlap on all sides.
- Spray 12" cast iron skillet with baking spray.
- Place rolled pie crust into skillet, leaving the ends over the edges of the skillet.
- Pour berry mixture into middle of pie crust.
- Roll edges of crust inward, leaving a large area open in the middle. Crimp crust around outside of berries.
- Brush edges of crust with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Some of the filling may seep out into the bottom of the skillet. No worries! This is part of the rustic look of this dish.
Let crostata cool for at least 10 minutes after baking, then serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream if desired.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cast Iron Skillet
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: berry crostata, berry pie, desserts