Creamy squash casserole has to be one of the best comfort foods ever! It's filled with sautéed squash, onions, parmesan, cheddar, sour cream and a little mayo. A true southern delight!
- 2 Tbsps. butter
- 3 large yellow squash, quartered and diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt with parsley
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Duke's) ad
- 8 oz. pkg. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 stick butter, melted
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup french fried onions, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add squash, onion, and garlic salt.
- Saute' for 10 minutes over medium heat until tender. Take off heat.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, cheddar and parmesan to the skillet. Stir well.
- Beat 2 eggs and mix well with filling.
- Pour contents of skillet into a large casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- Crush crackers and french fried onions in a large baggie and mix with melted butter in bowl.
- Sprinkle cracker mixture over squash casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes until topping is golden brown.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Skillet, Oven
- Cuisine: Casserole
Keywords: squash casserole, best squash casserole, side dishes