I’m in love with this beautiful, yet simple, Sweet Peach Tart. At first glance, you might think it’s difficult to make. But, nothing could be further from the truth. There’s no baking required!
Which makes it perfect. 🙂
My friend, Julia, asked me for a recipe made with peaches, and my mind immediately starting whirling. I’ve been wanting to make a fruit tart of some kind for a while now. Tarts are so pretty! (Almost too pretty to eat).
When I was little, my Momma made the most delicious desserts. Since she was an artist, everything that came out of her kitchen looked like a picture from a magazine. This tart reminds me of Momma, and her incredible paintings. She’d be the first one to dig in if she could!
How to Make It
I grew up making this easy tart recipe, so it may look familiar to you. The base is a graham cracker crust, while the filling is made with cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and key lime juice. I added fresh, diced peaches to make it my own.
As with most things in life, the fun starts with the garnish. Fresh summer peaches, strawberries and blueberries are the paint on this creamy canvas. You can be as creative as you like…and even if you mess up, nobody will ever know.
Once the tart has been refrigerated for one hour, simply slice the fruit and start arranging it however you wish. I prefer placing it on one side, but you can cover the entire tart if you’re feeling sassy. 🙂
It’s easier to make this recipe in a tart pan or dish, but you can also use a pie plate if you don’t have a fancy vessel. 🙂 You can even use a casserole dish, or your favorite bowl. Whatever you do, just go for it….because this Sweet Peach Tart is worth every bite.
Here’s to summer…and sweet peaches!
More Desserts to Love
- Vintage Strawberry Cake
- Raspberry Slab Cheesecake
- Peach Hand Pies
- Blueberry Peach Cobbler
- Beryl’s Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Loaded Carrot Cake
Sweet Peach Tart will wow your guests and bring out the inner artist in you. It’s creamy, tangy, and oh, so pretty!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup key lime juice (I use Nellie & Joe’s)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 peaches (1 peeled, 1 unpeeled)
- 3 strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- tiny mint leaves for garnish
- Pour graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of a tart dish.
- Add melted butter and mix well with crumbs.
- Create crust by firmly pressing crumbs with hands into sides and bottom of dish.
- Place crust in refrigerator while making filling.
- In a mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Slowly add lime juice and beat well until there are no lumps.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and beat until creamy.
- Peel and dice one of the peaches and add to the filling.
- Pour creamy filling onto graham cracker crust and refrigerate one hour until set.
- After one hour, thinly slice the other unpeeled peach. Drizzle a little lime juice over peach slices to prevent browning.
- Slice strawberries. Leave blueberries whole.
- Arrange fruit on the tart as you wish.
- Add mint for garnish.
Be sure to refrigerate the tart for at least 1 hour before decorating.
If you don’t have a tart dish, try using your favorite bowl or pie plate.
If you’re lucky, you’ll have leftover filling! Make mini pies with the extra, or scoop it into a bowl and eat as is.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tart, peach tart, desserts, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, mint, sweet peach tart
Sweet Peach Tart was also featured in the Baltimore Sun!
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!