Sweet Corn Casserole blends the savory flavor of cornbread stuffing with the sweetness of corn to make a yummy southern side dish.
- 2 boxes (6 oz) cornbread stuffing mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 stick butter, sliced
- 1 can (14.75 oz) cream corn
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour stuffing mix into cast iron skillet or oven safe casserole dish which is at least 13 x 9 inches.
- Add boiling water and butter cut in slices. Stir until butter melts.
- Add creamed corn, whole sweet corn and diced onions to mixture. Stir well.
- Stir in half & half, garlic salt, and sugar. Mix together with beaten eggs.
- Bake casserole in skillet in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes until golden brown.
Serve corn casserole directly from a cast iron skillet or oven safe dish.
Refrigerate leftovers in air-tight containers for up to 3 days.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: sweet corn casserole, corn pudding, southern sides