Dessert will never be the same when you serve this stunning Summer Berry Trifle. Fresh strawberries and blueberries are layered together with custard and cake for a dessert like no other!
- 4 boxes (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 cups whole milk
- 32 oz. sour cream
- 2 containers whipped topping
- 2 vanilla pound cakes, cubed
- 4 pints fresh strawberries
- 4 pints fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, mix the vanilla pudding with milk by using a large whisk.
- Fold in sour cream and whipped topping. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Cube the pound cakes into bite size pieces.
- Slice strawberries lengthwise.
- Begin adding layers to the trifle bowl starting with pudding first, then cake, followed by blueberries and strawberries.
- Repeat layers 4 times.
- At the berry layer, press sliced strawberries against the glass to make the design as shown in the photos.
- Once at the top, arrange strawberries in the shape of a star and fill in gaps with blueberries.
- Refrigerate before and after serving.
- Always start with pudding mixture first, then add cake followed by berries. For a large trifle bowl, you should have enough for 4 layers.
- Refrigerate trifle until ready to serve.
- Trifle can be made a day in advance if desired and stored in the refrigerator. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator as well.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: patriotic trifle, berry trifle, punch bowl desserts