When it's hot outside, Strawberry Margarita Icebox Pie will turn up the chill! It's filled with strawberries, lime, and even tequila!
- 2 cups crushed pretzel crumbs (I used gluten-free)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup key lime juice (I use Nellie & Joe's) ad
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup Blue Agave Tequila
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- tiny mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crust, pulse pretzels in blender until crumbly.
- Add melted butter to pretzels and mix well.
- Pour pretzels in bottom of a pie plate or dish. Press firmly into the sides and bottom with your hands.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Take out of oven and cool completely.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add lime juice and beat until there are no lumps.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and strawberries. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tequila.
- Pour filling into cooled crust and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Take pie out of freezer, let thaw for 10 minutes, then decorate with strawberries, limes and mint leaves.
The tequila can be left out of the recipe if desired. You won't get the margarita flavor, but it will still taste like strawberry limeade, which is a good thing. 🙂
Gluten-free pretzels work well in this dish.
Since this pie contains tequila, it's intended for adults age 21 and over.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pie, margarita, strawberry margarita, margarita pie, frozen pie, icebox pie