Craving a meal without all the carbs? Get your fix with these tender chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, sautéed mushrooms and three cheeses. Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken is ready in just 35 minutes, so you'll want to hang on to this recipe!
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 pint mushrooms, diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce (omit for gluten free)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 8 oz. chopped frozen spinach
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. mozzarella
- 4 chicken breasts, split
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz. parmesan, shredded
- Sauté onions and mushrooms with butter in a skillet on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and minced garlic. Stir well.
- Mix in spinach, cream cheese, and mozzarella. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Split chicken breasts down the middle with a sharp knife to create a pocket.
- Open up chicken breasts and stuff with spoonfuls of spinach mixture. Make sure to leave at least half of filling for the topping.
- Close chicken breasts and place in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spread leftover filling over chicken. Top chicken with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked throughout.
There is no need to brown the chicken before baking. The oven takes care of that for you!
Be careful when splitting the chicken breasts with a sharp knife. Make sure to leave a pocket and not cut all the way through to the other side, or the filling will leak out.
Serve chicken breasts on a bed of fresh spinach for a low-carb meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stuffed chicken, spinach stuffed chicken breasts, keto chicken