Southern Pulled Pork BBQ is everything. Learn how to make my delicious recipe which is as southern as it gets!
- 1 Tbsp. steak seasoning (ad)
- 1 Tbsp. burger seasoning (ad)
- 1 Tbsp. jerk seasoning (ad)
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 5 lb. Boston Butt (pork shoulder roast)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using your hands, generously coat pork roast with dry BBQ spice rub. Work well into the meat.
- Place pork in a large dutch oven. Add water and liquid smoke.
- Cover dutch oven with lid.
- Roast pork at 350 degrees for 2 hours, checking through the roasting process to ensure there is still enough liquid to prevent scorching.
- After 2 hours, reduce heat to 275 degrees, and cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Remove pork roast from oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board and pull meat with two forks, separating it from the fat.
- Cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve with your favorite BBQ sauce as a sandwich or a plate.
When serving as a sandwich, add barbecue, sauce, then coleslaw on a brioche bun. Top with pickles if desired.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: southern pork bbq, barbecue, bbq, pulled pork, barbecue sauce, southern bbq, barbecue sandwich, pulled pork plate