Smoked BBQ Meatloaf will wake up your taste buds and slap you silly! It has a secret ingredient that will make you think it was smoked over a fire for hours.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. barbecue rub seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix turkey and ground beef with a fork.
- Add rest of loaf ingredients and mix together.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and press down firmly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a knife, loosen edges of loaf pan.
- Invert loaf pan onto a serving plate. Meatloaf should slide out easily.
- Cover meatloaf with 1 cup of BBQ sauce.
- Cut loaf into 8 slices and serve immediately.
Leftover meatloaf makes great sandwiches the next day!
Smoked BBQ Meatloaf tastes great with The Best Squash Casserole.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Mix by Hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatloaf, barbecue, BBQ meatloaf, main dishes, barbecue meatloaf