Huge, chewy, peanut butter cookies taste just like the ones the School Cafeteria ladies made back in the day!
- 1/2 cup cold butter or shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the butter (or shortening) with peanut butter in a mixer until smooth.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar and beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Gradually blend in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Drop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet in 2 Tbsp. scoops.
- Pat dough down and press with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to paper-lined sheets for cooling.
If you use butter, the cookies will spread more than if you use shortening. Either way, they're delicious!
Dust cookies with sugar after baking if desired.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter cookies, school cafeteria cookies, peanut butter, cookies