Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars are made with buttery crackers, decadent toffee, crunchy pecans, and salted chocolate. What more could you want in a cookie?
- 2 sleeves buttery round crackers
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- dusting of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer buttery round crackers in a 13 X 9 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take off heat and stir in pecans.
- Pour toffee mixture over buttery crackers in pan. Cover entire surface of crackers.
- Bake crackers at 350 degrees for 10 minutes until bubbly.
- Take crackers out of oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Let chocolate sit for 1 minute to melt, then spread to cover crackers. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Freeze toffee bars for 1 hour to set.
- Take out of freezer and allow to thaw for 15 minutes. Cut into squares with a sharp knife and serve!
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, cookie bars, toffee, caramel, holidays, treats, christmas, chocolate, salted chocolate