The flavor of salmon, combined with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, is absolutely off-the-charts! Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze, and serve over rice to create a dish that takes seafood to the next level.
- 1 large salmon filet (at least 2 pounds)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz. mozzarella, cubed
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked and seasoned with butter and a dash of salt
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil on bottom of a sheet pan. Arrange salmon on pan with top side facing up. Drizzle olive oil over top of salmon.
- Mix garlic salt, pepper and paprika together, then sprinkle salmon with mix. Arrange lemon slices on top of salmon.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions. Bake salmon at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- While salmon is baking, slice tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Cook rice as directed on package.
- Take salmon out of oven and immediately garnish with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over entire surface of salmon.
- Slice salmon into 6 pieces and serve over rice.
The warmth of the salmon will melt the cheese to the perfect temperature.
If you can't find balsamic glaze in your store, make it by boiling 8 oz. balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup brown sugar together for 20 minutes over medium heat. Let it cool about 10 minutes before using, then store in the fridge to use later.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salmon caprese, baked salmon, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, balsamic glaze