Red Skin Potato Salad is a creamy blend of red skin potatoes, mayonnaise, sour cream, two types of mustard, pickles, and a variety of spices. It's the perfect side for picnics, celebrations, barbecues and backyard parties!
- 5 lbs. red potatoes, diced (leave skins on)
- 1 cup Duke's Mayonnaise (ad)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp. dijon grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup bread & butter pickles, diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp. green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill weed, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Dice potatoes with skins on and place in a large pot of salted cold water. Bring potatoes to a boil.
- While potatoes are boiling, mix the rest of the ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Once potatoes are tender, drain and add to ingredients in the bowl while still hot.
- Stir well and let sit a few minutes.
- Taste and add more pepper and salt if needed.
- Serve the potato salad hot, or refrigerate for at least 8 hours for better flavor.
The secret to making potato salad is to mix it while the potatoes are hot. It mashes to the perfect consistency and retains its bold flavor.
Potato salad is usually best when made a day ahead and refrigerated over night.
Serve potato salad within one hour of taking out of the refrigerator. Refrigerate or keep it on ice to avoid contamination.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: red skin potato salad, best potato salad, sides