Raspberry Mocha Twists are filled with mocha cream cheese and raspberries, then wrapped in golden puff pastry. They're the perfect little treat for dessert, breakfast, or brunch!
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals (ad)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 12 raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave at 30 seconds intervals until smooth, stirring frequently.
- Mix instant coffee crystals (ad) with chocolate and stir well. Microwave again for 1 minute, then stir vigorously until coffee crystals melt slightly.
- Blend cream cheese with mocha and chocolate in a mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut sheet of puff pastry into 12 squares and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. (ad)
- Fold each square into a triangle and cut a slit in each side, being careful not to cut through the middle.
- Unfold the triangle and fold the sides over to make a diamond twisted shape.
- Add one tablespoon of mocha cream cheese mixture to the center of each pastry.
- Add 1 raspberry on top of mocha cream cheese.
- Bake pastries at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and dust with more powdered sugar.
It's best to work with the puff pastry when it's cold. Once it thaws, it will be too elastic to mold.
Coffee crystals do not dissolve completely which gives the cream cheese a burst of espresso flavor.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pastries, raspberry, mocha, coffee, cream cheese, chocolate chips, raspberry mocha pastry, desserts, brunch, breakfast