There are few things in life as delicious as raspberries, coffee and chocolate. When you put them all together and wrap them in puff pastry, it’s pure magic. I’m willing to bet that Raspberry Mocha Twists will satisfy all of your sweet-tooth cravings!
While these pretty little pastries look difficult to make, nothing could be further from the truth. Only a few ingredients come together to create a dessert that is both elegant and scrumptious. These yummy twists are also perfect for breakfast or brunch with a hot cup of java!
Making Raspberry Mocha Twists
- Start by melting 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave and mixing in 1 tablespoon of instant coffee crystals. (ad) Stir well, then microwave again for 1 minute. Continue to stir until coffee crystals melt slightly.
- Blend chocolate and coffee with 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar in a mixer until smooth. Set mocha cream cheese aside.
- Cut a sheet of puff pastry into 12 squares. Fold each square into a triangle and cut a slit in each side as shown below. Unfold the triangle and fold the sides over to make a diamond shape. Place on a sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper. (ad)
- Add one tablespoon of cream cheese mixture to the center of each pastry. Add 1 large raspberry on top of mocha cream cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
Are There Variations?
You could change the filling by using lemon curd or fruit jam, then mix it with cream cheese and add another fresh fruit of your choice on top. Feel free to experiment with different combinations and let me know what you discover!
Only puff pastry will work in this recipe. If you try to use another dough like crescent rolls, it won’t rise properly to cover the cream cheese filling.
More Puff Pastry Recipes to Try
- Blackberry Cheese Danish (Includes HOW-TO Video!)
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- Sausage Cheese Bake
- Chicken Pot Hand Pies
- Ham & Egg Brunch Bake
Raspberry Mocha Twists are filled with mocha cream cheese and raspberries, then wrapped in golden puff pastry. They’re the perfect little treat for dessert, breakfast, or brunch!
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals (ad)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 12 raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave at 30 seconds intervals until smooth, stirring frequently.
- Mix instant coffee crystals (ad) with chocolate and stir well. Microwave again for 1 minute, then stir vigorously until coffee crystals melt slightly.
- Blend cream cheese with mocha and chocolate in a mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut sheet of puff pastry into 12 squares and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. (ad)
- Fold each square into a triangle and cut a slit in each side, being careful not to cut through the middle.
- Unfold the triangle and fold the sides over to make a diamond twisted shape.
- Add one tablespoon of mocha cream cheese mixture to the center of each pastry.
- Add 1 raspberry on top of mocha cream cheese.
- Bake pastries at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and dust with more powdered sugar.
It’s best to work with the puff pastry when it’s cold. Once it thaws, it will be too elastic to mold.
Coffee crystals do not dissolve completely which gives the cream cheese a burst of espresso flavor.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mix and Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pastries, raspberry, mocha, coffee, cream cheese, chocolate chips, raspberry mocha pastry, desserts, brunch, breakfast