There are few things in life as delicious as raspberries, coffee and chocolate. When you put them all together and wrap them in puff pastry, it's pure magic. Raspberry Mocha Twists will satisfy all of your sweet-tooth cravings!
While these pretty little pastries look difficult to make, nothing could be further from the truth. Only a few ingredients come together to create a dessert that is both elegant and scrumptious. These yummy twists are also perfect for breakfast or brunch with a hot cup of java!
How to Make Raspberry Mocha Twists
- Start by melting ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave and mixing in 1 tablespoon of instant coffee crystals. (ad) Stir well, then microwave again for 1 minute. Continue to stir until coffee crystals melt slightly.
- Blend chocolate and coffee with 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar in a mixer until smooth. Set mocha cream cheese aside.
- Cut a sheet of puff pastry into 12 squares. Fold each square into a triangle and cut a slit in each side as shown below. Unfold the triangle and fold the sides over to make a diamond shape. Place on a sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper. (ad)
- Add one tablespoon of cream cheese mixture to the center of each pastry. Add 1 large raspberry on top of mocha cream cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
Are There Variations?
You could change the filling by using lemon curd or fruit jam, then mix it with cream cheese and add another fresh fruit of your choice on top. Feel free to experiment with different combinations and let me know what you discover!
Only puff pastry will work in this recipe. If you try to use another dough like crescent rolls, it won't rise properly to cover the cream cheese filling.
More Puff Pastry Recipes to Try
- Blackberry Cheese Danish (Includes HOW-TO Video!)
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- Sausage Cheese Bake
- Chicken Pot Hand Pies
- Ham & Egg Brunch Bake
Keep in Touch
Sharing is caring! If you love my recipes, please share with friends! Quiche My Grits is also featured weekly on Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck.