Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets are loaded with your choice of pizza toppings like pepperoni and cheese. They're the perfect Pizza Night meal!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry dough (I recommend Wewalka)
- 1/4 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) pepperoni slices
- 1 package sliced mozzarella
- egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 Tablespoon of water)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice puff pastry into 6 long strips.
- Spread 1 teaspoon marinara or pizza sauce at the end of each strip.
- Add 6 slices of pepperoni or other toppings on top of sauce.
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella on top of pepperoni.
- Fold the end of pastry that has no toppings over the other end to make a pocket.
- Press edges of pastry all the way around with the tines of a fork. Close tightly.
- Use fork to poke several holes in the top of each pocket.
- Brush tops of hot pockets with egg wash.
- Bake on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
Be sure to purchase puff pastry in a sheet or roll. I recommend using Wewalka brand that rolls out on its own parchment paper.
A little sauce may get on the pastry when closing with the tines of a fork. The sauce bakes off so you won't see it on the finished pocket.
Some cheese may ooze out of pastry while cooking. No worries! Just trim it off and enjoy eating the excess after pastries have cooled.
If you fill the pastries too full they will burst open during cooking.
- Category: Quick & Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: hot pockets, pizza pockets, puff pastry, pizza