Portobello Chicken Lasagna is creamy, savory, and bursting with cheesy deliciousness. Perfect for date night or any night at all!
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (ad)
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- dash of cracked black pepper
- 6 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded by hand
- 1 lb. no-boil lasagna noodles (ad)
- 16 oz. package mozzarella, shredded
- sprinkle of dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet. (ad)
- Add mushrooms and onion and sauté for 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Add teriyaki sauce (ad) and chicken to skillet. Stir and set aside (keep warm).
- In a separate skillet or pot, melt 1/2 stick butter and pour in heavy cream.
- Simmer over medium low heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in Italian seasoning, garlic and pepper. Cook for another minute.
- Add shredded parmesan cheese and stir until creamy.
- Combine sauce with chicken mixture to make filling.
- Spoon a little filling into a 11 X 8 inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Cover the mixture with uncooked lasagna noodles. (ad)
- Repeat process 2 more times until ending with mozzarella cheese on top.
- Sprinkle entire dish with dried parsley.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Shredding the parmesan cheese by hand will prevent lumps in sauce.
No-boil lasagna noodles (ad) work perfectly in this recipe. Make sure they are completely covered with sauce so edges won't be hard.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: portobello, chicken, lasagna, parmesan, cheese, mozzarella, alfredo sauce, mushrooms, main dishes