In the beginning there were casseroles, but the greatest of them all is Poppy Seed Chicken.
- 16 oz. carton sour cream
- 2 (10 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken meat, chopped
- 1 sleeve buttery round crackers
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sour cream and soup together in a large bowl.
- Add poppy seeds and chicken. Stir well and pour into a 13 X 9 inch casserole dish.
- Crush the crackers in a plastic bag or blender and combine with melted butter.
- Sprinkle crackers over chicken mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and casserole is bubbly.
Poppy Seed Chicken casserole tastes great with steamed rice and Roasted Broccoli.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: poppy seed chicken casserole, poppyseed, poppy seed, chicken, casserole, southern