Sour cream makes this banana bread so moist you'll be sneaking slices to hide from the rest of the family. Adding pistachios and dried cherries puts it over the top!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a glass or metal loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Mash bananas, then slowly add to mixer.
- Add sour cream and mix until just incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet mixture on slow speed.
- Try not to over mix.
- Stir in pistachios and dried cherries.
- Pour into 9 X 5 greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for at least 1 hour. In my oven, it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Test by inserting a toothpick in middle. Continue baking if it doesn't come out clean.
- Let banana bread cool for at least 1 hour before cutting.
Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup walnuts instead of pistachios and cherries if you wish, or leave out the extras all together!
- Category: Breads
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana bread, pistachios, cherries, bananas, ripe bananas, breads