There are few things in this world more delicious than mushrooms with fettuccine in creamy sauce. I mean, Mushroom Chicken Alfredo is mesmerizing. Warm, parmesan cheese with sautéed mushrooms and pasta? Yes, please!
This recipe is not for the faint of heart. There’s lots of butter in here…and cheese…and cream. It’s the kind of dish you make once a year and then swim 2 miles to get over it. But, it’s worth it. 🙂
I’ve had a love affair with mushrooms for years. I add them to filet mignon, pork tenderloin, or just about anything Italian. My mother made the best sautéed mushrooms ever…and now I’m gonna share her secret with you!
Mom used Teriyaki Marinade every time she added mushrooms to a recipe, and I do the same thing. It brings out the incredible flavor of the mushrooms, and adds a unique seasoning you won’t find anywhere else.
Trust me on this one. Momma knows best!
This is an easy skillet meal. Start by sautéing chicken breast pieces in butter, then set aside. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic to the skillet, then sauté with teriyaki marinade. Next, comes more butter and cream. The final step is parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of parsley. Oh, so, GOOD!
Once you make this homemade alfredo sauce, you’ll never buy the store-bought kind again. It couldn’t be easier, and the taste is out of this world!
Enjoy…and be sure to leave a comment letting me know what you think…Print
Mushroom Chicken Alfredo in a warm, creamy sauce with sautéed mushrooms and fettuccine? Yes, please!
- 8 oz. fettuccine, cooked
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 6 chicken tenders, cut in small pieces
- 8 oz. pkg. mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Teriyaki Marinade
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (reserve a few tablespoons for topping)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. dried or fresh parsley
- Boil 8 oz. fettuccine in water for 10 to 12 minutes until tender.
- Turn off heat and leave pasta in water until later.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. (Mine is 12″)
- Add chicken and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning to brown on both sides.
- Move chicken to one side of skillet and allow it to continue cooking.
- Add mushrooms and onions to other side of skillet.
- Sauté mushrooms and onions with garlic and teriyaki marinade for 5 minutes until tender.
- Mix contents of skillet together.
- Add 1/2 stick butter and allow it to melt. Mix well.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Stir in parmesan cheese until melted.
- With tongs, remove fettuccine from water and place in skillet.
- Stir in fettuccine. Add a little pasta water if mixture gets thick.
- Add freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- Sprinkle entire dish with extra parmesan and parsley. Serve warm.
Serve Mushroom Chicken Fettuccine with Rainbow Salad and a loaf of crusty bread.
- Category: Main Dishes, Skillet Meals
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: mushroom chicken alfredo, fettuccine, alfredo sauce, skillet meals