Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie starts with a delicious brownie crust, followed by coffee ice cream, then topped with chocolate syrup and toasted pecans. Have mercy!
- 1 box (18 oz) brownie mix. I use Ghriardelli Double Chocolate. (ad)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 gallon coffee ice cream
- 1 bottle (7.25 oz) chocolate shell syrup (I used Hershey’s)
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir brownie mix together with egg, oil and water (as directed on box) and pour into a greased 9″ deep dish pie plate.
- Bake at 325 degrees for just 30 minutes. (baking longer will make it too hard to cut)
- Take out of oven and let cool for at least 1 hour.
- While brownie is cooling, mix pecans with melted butter and bake in 325 degree oven for 10 minutes to toast them.
- Take pecans out of oven and allow to cool. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Take ice cream out of freezer and let soften until spreadable, but not melted.
- Spread ice cream on top of cooled brownie in pie plate.
- Top ice cream with toasted pecans.
- Swirl entire pie with chocolate shell syrup.
- Freeze pie for 1 hour before serving.
- Allow pie to sit for a 5 minutes out of freezer before slicing.
- Pour whipping cream into a mixing bowl.
- Beat with mixer for 3 to 5 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Whip until smooth.
- Serve a dollop of whipped cream on top of each slice of pie.
Let pie thaw for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake & Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: frozen chocolate pie, mocha latte, pie, chocolate, mocha latte ice cream pie, dessert, ice cream