With only 5 ingredients, Cheesy Skillet Cornbread can be on your table in 30 minutes! Now, that’s something to get excited about!
- 4 cups White Lily self-rising buttermilk cornmeal mix (ad)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 16 oz. carton sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 16 oz. pkg. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add 1 Tbsp. butter to 12″ cast iron skillet (ad) and place in oven for 2 minutes.
- Take skillet out of oven and swirl melted butter around to coat the pan.
- In a mixer, beat eggs, then add cornmeal mix, sour cream, milk, and butter. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into skillet. Sprinkle shredded cheddar on top of batter. Pour rest of batter on top of cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes at 425 degrees until golden brown.
The batter will be stiff. A spatula works well when spreading it in the skillet.
For spicier cornbread, add extra ingredients to the batter before laying in skillet such as chopped onions, green chiles, or jalapeños.
- Category: Breads
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: cheesy skillet cornbread, southern cornbread, cheesy cornbread, sour cream cornbread, cornbread