Maple Bourbon Glazed Carrots are made with maple syrup, ground ginger, fresh chives and a sweet bourbon glaze. Ready in 30 minutes or less!
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- dash of sea salt
- Peel and slice carrots diagonally.
- Add olive oil to a skillet or sauté pan.
- Place carrots in skillet and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes until carrots are starting to char.
- Stir carrots frequently to prevent scorching.
- Sprinkle with ginger and stir.
- Add maple syrup and bourbon and continue to sauté for 10 more minutes until glaze has thickened and carrots are tender, but not mushy.
- Sprinkle carrots with chopped chives and sea salt. Serve warm from skillet or transfer to a serving dish.
- Stir carrots frequently to prevent scorching. They need to char slightly, but not burn.
- Adding bourbon and maple syrup to a hot skillet will cause steam to rise. Take care and step back when adding these ingredients to allow steam to dissipate.
- See this recipe as a story on the web!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: glazed carrots, maple glazed carrots, vegan carrots, vegetarian carrots, FODMAP carrots, bourbon glazed carrots