Take a trip to the spicy island of Jamaica with my delicious Jerk Chicken Rice Bowl! The sweet and savory flavors will whisk you away.
- Rub jerk seasoning into chicken tenders until completely coated.
- Preheat cast iron skillet to medium heat. Add olive oil, then chicken.
- Sear chicken on both sides, allowing it to char slightly before turning. (about 5 minutes)
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add chopped onions to pan. Saute’ onions until tender while chicken is still cooking. (about 5 minutes)
- Pour Caribbean Jerk Sauce over chicken, coating completely. Turn chicken to make sure all sides are coated.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat for 10 additional minutes until chicken is tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Cook broccoli in a cast iron skillet over medium heat with a dash of olive oil until slightly charred. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer rice in individual bowls, followed by chicken and broccoli.
- Garnish with pineapple, orange or mango if desired.
Feel free to use substitutions for spices and rice if you wish.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Jamaican
Keywords: Jamaican Jerk Chicken, chicken, jerk seasoning, jerk sauce, jerk chicken rice bowl, rice bowl