Honey-Mustard Brussels Sprouts taste too good to be true! You won't believe it until you try them for yourself.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. stone ground mustard (ad)
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Prep the sprouts by trimming the ends of the stem and pulling off the top leaf.
- Cut each sprout in half lengthwise through the stem. Set aside in a bowl.
- Make sure sprouts are completely dry or they'll splatter in oil.
- Add olive oil to a cast iron skillet .
- Place the sprouts in olive oil with the cut side down.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and fry sprouts until they're golden brown and crunchy (5 minutes).
- Try not to move sprouts around too much. Brown them on one side, then flip to the other.
- Mix mustard, honey and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Pour honey mustard sauce over sprouts in skillet and toss.
- Turn heat down to medium low.
- Stir sprouts until the sauce soaks in (5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve warm.
Be careful when frying in hot oil. If heat gets too high, turn down to avoid splattering.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: brussels, brussels sprouts, sprouts, sides, veggies, vegetables, honey mustard