Heirloom Tomato Tart is delicious, and also a beautiful work of art! It's perfect to serve as an appetizer at parties, or at summer gatherings as a vegetarian entree.
- 3 cups buttery cracker crumbs, finely ground
- 2 cups pretzel crumbs, finely ground
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- 32 oz. ricotta cheese (can use skim)
- 2 Tbsp. basil pesto
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 to 6 heirloom tomatoes (different sizes), sliced
- 1 cup baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- fresh mint leaves and oregano for decorating
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 cup Greek dressing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind crackers and pretzels in a blender and place in a large bowl.
- Add parmesan cheese, dried basil and melted butter.
- Mix well and spread into a 12" X 17" sheet pan.
- Press crumbs into sides and bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Take crust out of oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy with a mixer.
- Add goat cheese and blend well.
- Stir in ricotta, pesto, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic salt, and green onions.
- Add beaten egg and blend entire contents with mixer for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Spread filling into cooled crust.
- Bake tart at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until set.
- Cool tart for 10 minutes.
- Slice tomatoes and place on cutting board.
- Working from the middle out, arrange tomatoes in a pattern similar to photos.
- Decorate tart with mint and oregano leaves.
- Sprinkle entire tart with dried parsley.
- Cut tart into squares for an entree, or rectangles for appetizers.
- Drizzle with Greek Dressing (if desired) before serving.
Cut tart into 12 squares for an entree, or 24 small rectangles for appetizers.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tart, tomato tart, heirloom tomato tart, tomato pie, ricotta, parmesan, goat cheese