Heirloom Tomato Salad is light, simple, and absolutely scrumptious. If you love tomatoes, then you have to try this delightful salad which is perfect as a summer side or vegetarian dish.
- 4 heirloom tomatoes (variety of colors and sizes)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup pickled vidalia onions with juice (ad)
- 1/2 cup Italian or balsamic dressing
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Core each tomato, then slice into 6 wedges.
- Place heirloom tomatoes on a serving dish.
- Sprinkle feta cheese, basil, thyme and pickled vidalia onions over tomatoes.
- Reserve juice from vidalia onions and pour over the top.
- Drizzle dressing over tomatoes.
- Top with salt and pepper to taste.
Store leftover tomatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Feel free to substitute pickled vidalia onions with another pickled vegetable, or leave them out if desired.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Mix by Hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: heirloom tomatoes, tomatoes, tomato salad, heirlooms, feta, vidalia onions, basil, thyme, sides, vegetarian, salads