German Chocolate Caramel Apples are dipped in semi-sweet chocolate, then drizzled with creamy caramel, coconut and pecans. They're the perfect sweet treat for fall!
- 6 small honey crisp apples
- 16 popsicle sticks
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 11 oz. caramels, unwrapped
- 1 Tbsp. milk or water
- Wash and dry apples very well. Slice into 1/4 inch slices. They must be completely dry.
- Cut a small slit in the bottom of each slice. Insert a popsicle stick until it is firmly anchored.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals until creamy. Stir each time. Add coconut oil and mix well. Keep warm.
- Dip each apple slice into chocolate. Use a spoon to fully cover each slice. Warm chocolate up in microwave if it hardens.
- Place slices on a waxed paper-lined sheet pan.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans on each slice.
- Unwrap caramels and melt with milk in microwave at 30 second intervals until creamy. Stir well. Keep warm.
- Drizzle caramel over top of apples with a spoon.
- Place apples in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After candy hardens, break off excess and place apples on serving dish or in wrapped packages.
You may have to microwave chocolate and caramel throughout process to keep in from hardening.
Before eating, let apples sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow caramel to loosen.
Store apples in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel apples, candy apples, german chocolate