Garlic Mashed Potatoes puts all the other sides to shame! This recipe feeds a large crowd, so it's perfect for holidays and get-togethers.
- 5 lb. bag red potatoes, cubed with skins on
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 8 oz. carton sour cream
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup half & half cream (use more if needed to achieve a creamy texture)
- Cube potatoes, then place in a large dutch oven.
- Cover with water and bring potatoes to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium and boil until tender (about 30 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and return to dutch oven.
- Break potatoes up with mixer.
- Add butter, sour cream, garlic, pepper and salt.
- With a mixer, blend potatoes in dutch oven for at least 2 minutes.
- Add half & half gradually and mix until potatoes are creamy.
It's okay to have lumps in this dish, so there's no need to over-mix.
Stir in 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese for cheesy mashed potatoes.
This recipe feeds a large crowd, which is perfect for big gatherings.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mashed potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, potatoes, sides, thanksgiving, holidays