Fried Chicken the way we like it down south…in honor of Tootsie, who loved it so much.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 stick butter
- Beat eggs and garlic salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix Panko crumbs, dried herbs, pepper and garlic salt.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in egg mixture, then in bread crumbs until coated well.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken to skillet one piece at a time.
- Turn chicken after it browns on one side.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until tender and golden brown, turning from time to time.
- Drain on paper towels.
Any oil will do, but butter gives this chicken a wonderful flavor. Add more butter if the skillet gets dry.
Another skillet will work, but cast iron helps seal in the crunch.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: fried chicken, skillet, cast iron skillet, fried chicken tenders, chicken, panko bread crumbs