Have you ever made a really good slab of Dutch Oven Corned Beef? Try this amazing recipe which creates tender corned beef and cabbage that melts in your mouth! It's perfect for St. Patrick's Day, or any day in between!
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 lb. corned beef brisket (flat or point cut)
- spice packet (comes with brisket)
- 1 Tbsp. steak seasoning
- 2 (12 oz) bottles of dark beer
- water or beef stock (as needed)
- 4 large carrots, cut in wedges
- 6 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small cabbage, cut in wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place onion wedges in bottom of dutch oven.
- Rinse and pat dry the brisket.
- Arrange corned beef brisket on top of onions.
- Sprinkle brisket with spices and steak seasoning.
- Pour bottles of dark beer and beef stock (or water) into the dutch oven. Make sure liquid level reaches the top of the meat. Cover with lid.
- Place in 350 degree oven. Cook for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees. Cook for 2 hours.
- Turn the brisket over. Add carrots and potatoes to the pot. Sprinkle with steak seasoning or salt and pepper. Cook 1 hour.
- Add cabbage to the pot. Cook 1 hour.
- Serve straight from the pot or transfer to a large baking dish and serve with spicy mustard. Slice meat across the grain for best results.
Slice the meat across the grain to create a tender cut of brisket. Look at the way the grain is going and slice across it.
Serve corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots in individual bowls with a side of spicy mustard. It's a delicious one-pot meal!
This recipe can be made without beer if necessary. Substitute beef or vegetable broth instead.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Dutch Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: corned beef and cabbage, Guinness corned beef, Irish recipes