Creamy Southern Coleslaw is more than just a salad in the south. It's also served as a beloved side and condiment for everything from hotdogs to barbecue!
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 (14 oz) package of coleslaw mix (or shredded cabbage)
- Whisk the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage toss until fully coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and stir well before serving.
If you don't have pre-packaged slaw mix, simply shred a head of cabbage and add one shredded carrot to create your own.
Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Mix by Hand
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: creamy coleslaw, coleslaw, southern sides