Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is an easy and delicious way to warm up on chilly nights. This creamy soup is comfort food at its best, and good for what ails you!
- 2 ribs celery, diced thinly
- 2 medium carrots, diced thinly
- 1 small sweet onion, diced thinly
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 32 ounces carton chicken broth
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 Tablespoons water until smooth.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Dice the celery, carrots and onion. Place in dutch oven.
- Chop chicken and set aside.
- Add butter to the veggies in pot. Saute' over low heat for 10 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Pour in chopped chicken, garlic powder and dried parsley. Stir.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to medium low heat.
- Cover soup and cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Add wide egg noodles to pot. Cook noodles about 10 minutes until tender, stirring frequently on medium heat. If not tender, cook noodles a little longer.
- Mix cornstarch with water and pour into soup. Stir until thickened over medium heat.
- Check the thickness of the soup at this point. If it's too thin, add more cornstarch and water. If it's too thin, add a little milk, water or chicken broth until it's the way you like it.
- Take soup off of heat and stir in heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with crackers on top if desired.
All noodles cook differently which can affect the thickness of this recipe.
If soup isn't as thick as you like, add more cornstarch mixed with a little water. Stir soup over medium heat until it thickens.
If soup seems too thick, add a little milk, water or chicken broth until it's the desired consistency.
Use pre-diced veggies from the grocery store to cut the prep time in half.
Cooked chicken breast may be substituted for rotisserie chicken if desired.
Since chicken broth has sodium, there is no salt added in this recipe. Taste soup at the end and add salt if needed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Dutch Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken noodle soup, creamy chicken noodle soup, chicken soup with egg noodles, creamy soup