Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is an easy and delicious way to warm up on chilly nights. This creamy soup is comfort food at its best, and good for what ails you!
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 32 oz. carton chicken broth
- 8 oz. wide egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Dice the celery, carrots and onion. Place in dutch oven .
- Chop chicken and set aside.
- Add butter to the veggies in pot. Saute' over low heat for 5 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Pour in chopped chicken, minced garlic and dried parsley. Stir.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to medium low heat.
- Cover soup and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add wide egg noodles to pot. Cook noodles about 7 minutes until tender, stirring frequently on medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch with water and pour into soup. Stir until thickened.
- Take soup off of heat and stir in heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with crackers on top if desired.
Using pre-diced veggies from the grocery store cuts the prep time in half.
Cooked chicken breast may be substituted for rotisserie chicken if desired.
Since chicken broth has sodium, there is no salt added in this recipe. Taste soup at the end and add salt if needed.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken noodle soup, creamy chicken noodle soup, chicken soup with egg noodles