The best Creamed Corn only has a few simple ingredients. Try this recipe if you want to 'southernize' your meals and give your family a taste of the garden!
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- 4 cobs of fresh corn
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper (ad)
- Cook the bacon in a skillet and drain on paper towels. Let cool, then chop into small pieces.
- Shuck 4 cobs of corn and cut the corn off the cob into a large bowl. (yields around 4 cups).
- Put 2 cups of corn into a blender and pulse several times to break it up. Pour back into bowl.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Saute' onion and garlic in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add all of the corn from the bowl to the skillet.
- Add half & half and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until cream starts to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve hot from the skillet.
Garnish with extra fried bacon if desired.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: creamed corn, corn, southern, skillet, sides, bacon, butter, onions, garlic