It’s not the holidays unless Cranberry Pecan Salad is on the table! This congealed salad is packed with cranberry, pineapple and pecan flavor.
- 2 boxes (3 oz.) black cherry gelatin (ad)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) whole cranberry sauce
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- In a 13 X 9 dish, mix both boxes of gelatin with 1 cup of hot water until well blended.
- Add 1 cup of cold water and mix well.
- Chop 1 cup of pecans and add to mixture.
- Pour in a can of whole cranberry sauce and crushed pineapple (drained).
- Stir together and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until gelatin congeals.
Even though there is no cooking time, this recipe takes at least 2 hours to congeal.
Other flavors of gelatin can be used in this recipe if desired.
- Category: Salads, Sides
- Method: Mix by Hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry pecan salad, cranberries, congealed salad, Jello, pecans, pineapple, sides, Thanksgiving, Christmas, holidays