Coconut Rum Cake is a special dessert for holidays and celebrations. Enjoy with your adult family and friends...and let the fun begin!
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 box (18 oz) vanilla cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut rum
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup coconut rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan, then crumble nuts into bottom.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together dry cake mix (just use the dry mix without adding any ingredients listed on the box), dry vanilla pudding, coconut rum, water, oil and eggs.
- Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed, then stir in coconut.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove cake from oven, then use a fork to poke holes in top of cake.
- Immediately pour half of glaze onto cake and cool cake for 1 hour.
- Invert cake onto cake stand or serving plate. Tap bottom of bundt pan with knife a few times and cake should pop out.
- Drizzle the other half of the glaze on the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, then add sugar and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add rum, stirring well.
- Pour half of glaze over hot cake, then allow to cool. Pour other half of glaze over cake once it has been inverted onto a cake plate.
Sprinkle entire cake with more flaked coconut as a garnish if desired. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Coconut Rum Cake contains alcohol and is intended for adults age 21 or over.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut rum cake, rum cake, desserts, holidays, occasions, celebrations, birthday cake, cake