Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie starts with chocolate ganache on top of a flaky crust. It’s layered with a creamy filling and toasted coconut, then garnished with homemade whipped cream to make the best coconut cream pie you’ve ever tasted!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, thawed
- 6 oz. dark baking chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 (3.4 oz) box vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 oz) carton heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the thawed crust in a 9″ pie plate and crimp edges all the way around.
- Prick several holes in the bottom of the crust, then bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Allow pie to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces. Add heavy cream, then microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Stir frequently until mixed well, then spread on top of baked and cooled crust.
- Add milk to a bowl and sprinkle in vanilla pudding. Whisk until set.
- Pour the carton of heavy cream into a mixing bowl. With a mixer, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add confectioner’s sugar and stir a few times.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the pudding and stir until creamy. Reserve the other half for topping.
- Spread coconut onto a half sheet pan and bake in 300 degree oven for 5 minutes, stirring frequently while cooking. Watch it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Take out of the oven and stir well. Add 1-1/2 cups of toasted coconut to filling and stir well. Reserve the rest of coconut for topping.
WHIPPED TOPPING AND GARNISH
- Spread the remaining whipped topping on top of the filling and garnish with remaining toasted coconut. Add chocolate in the center if desired.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut cream pie, chocolate ganache, desserts