Chicken Pot Pie…oh, how I love thee! Let me count the ways.
- You’re easy to make.
- You’re the ultimate comfort food.
- You make my hubby happy.
Need I go on? I think I will!
This is what you looked like before I put your crust on:
Chocked full of veggies. Only a few ingredients and you’re done. What a fast way to get dinner on the table!
But I think the thing I love most about you, Chicken Pot Pie, is how fun you are to take to friends who need a little pick me up. There’s just something about you that makes everyone feel warm and cozy inside.
I could work really hard and make a homemade crust, or I could use one that’s already made. Hmmm. I think I’ll let somebody else do all the work tonight and go with a refrigerated pie crust.
Chicken Pot Pie…you never let me down. On cold days, or any night, you’re the one for me.Print
Here’s my easy and delicious chicken pot pie recipe that has been known to warm tummies on a Blue Ridge winter day.
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, cubed
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic, minced
- dash of black pepper
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cube chicken and place in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, chicken soup, vegetables, onions and seasonings. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a deep dish pie plate.
- Cover with pie crust and pierce several times with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until crust is golden brown.
Create a heart from the edge of the pie crust and place in the middle if you wish.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: chicken pot pie, chicken, pie, hearty, veggies, pie crust