Flaky, creamy and oh so dreamy...Chicken Pot Handpies are perfect for on-the-go families, or served with a mixed green salad for dinner.
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, cubed
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 can (10 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, steamed 5 minutes
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of black pepper
- salt to taste
- egg wash (one beaten egg + a little milk)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet and cut into 8 rectangles with a pizza cutter.
- Cube chicken and place in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, chicken soup, steamed vegetables, onion and seasonings. Mix well.
- Spoon a generous amount of filling onto the middle of half of the puff pastry rectangles.
- Stretch the other rectangles to fit over the ones with filling. Press around edges to seal.
- Press the tines of a fork around each pastry to close together.
- Prick top of each pastry with a fork or knife to create a vent for steam.
- Brush pastries with egg wash.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
If you like, you can freeze these pastries after cooking and enjoy later. To reheat, allow to thaw for 10 minutes, then cook at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until heated throughout. Cover lightly with aluminum foil to keep pastry from over cooking.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken pot pie, handpies, turnovers, popovers, chicken pot handpies, dinner, snacks, kids meal, chicken