Cheesy Meatball Sliders feature seasoned ground beef wrapped around wedges of Babybel cheese. They're drizzled with Koss Sauce, then topped with smoked gouda for a cheesy extravaganza!
- 2 pounds 85% ground beef
- 1 cup dried panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 mini sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried steak seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Koss Sauce for ground beef
- 6 rounds of Babybel cheese, cut into 4 wedges per round
- 8 slices of smoked gouda cheese, cut into 3 sections per slice
- 6 ounces Koss Sauce for drizzling
- 12 brioche slider buns
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon bagel seasoning
GROUND BEEF MIXTURE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, sweet red peppers, steak seasoning and 2 tablespoons of Koss Sauce together in a large bowl. Mix with a spoon or hands until blended together.
- Scoop 24 balls from the ground beef mixture onto a sheet pan using a 1 inch cookie scoop or your hands.
- Use the back of the cookie scoop to make an indention in each meatball.
- Unwrap Babybel cheese and cut each round into 4 wedges. Insert one wedge into every meatball.
- Roll ground beef mixture around cheese wedge to create a ball.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Slice slider rolls lengthwise down the middle and place the bottom halves into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Place 2 meatballs on each roll.
- Drizzle meatballs and bread with Koss sauce, then top with slices of smoked gouda cheese.
- Place the top rolls on the cheese and close the sandwiches. Brush the rolls with melted butter. Sprinkle with bagel seasoning.
- Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until cheese melts and meatballs are cooked throughout.
Gather ingredients and equipment ahead of time to ensure faster prep.
Babybel cheese might start oozing out of the meatballs during their first bake in the oven. If this happens, just scoop up the cheese and place it on the rolls.
Be sure to cover the sliders tightly with aluminum foil before baking for the final 15 minutes. This helps the rolls stay soft and yummy.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sliders, meatball sliders, appetizers, sandwiches, game day, tailgate, parties