Cheese Stuffed Garlic Bread is loaded with mozzarella cheese, parmesan, garlic butter and bagel seasoning to create the best cheese bread you've ever tasted in just 30 minutes!
The Best Garlic Cheese Bread!
Do you love the cheesy bread served at your local pizza parlors like Little Caesars or Dominos? This garlic cheese bread recipe (or crack bread) is better than anything you'll find in a restaurant!
You don't have to drag out your stand mixer or whip up active dry yeast to make bread dough for this recipe. This pull-apart garlic bread is made with a bread loaf you purchase at your local store or bakery!
You'll love slathering the bread with herb butter, then stuffing the loaf with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. It's one of our family's favorite recipes!
This cheesy garlic bread recipe is made with only 6 ingredients that are easy to find at your local grocery store. See recipe card for quantities.
- loaf of Italian bread (or sourdough)
- shredded parmesan cheese
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Everything Bagel seasoning
- small bowl
- sheet pan or baking sheet
- aluminum foil
- serrated or sharp knife
- pastry brush or knife
How to Make Stuffed Garlic Bread
1 - With a serrated knife, cut loaf of bread into even slices on a cutting board, but don't slice all the way through the bread.
2 - In a small bowl, mix softened butter with Italian and bagel seasonings until smooth. Spread butter mixture on inside of each side of the bread with a pastry brush or knife. Save a little for the top of the bread.
3 - Spread herb butter on top of bread loaf or drizzle with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with more seasonings. Insert slices of mozzarella cheese between each slice of bread, being careful not to break it apart.
4 - Add shredded parmesan cheese between bread slices to create a nice layer of cheese. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top of bread.
5 - Wrap loaf of bread in aluminum foil and place on a baking tray or cookie sheet.
6 - Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes until cheese melts and crust is golden brown.
You could, but softened butter mixed with herbs and seasonings works much better in this recipe. It mixes with the cheeses to stick to the bread instead of melting to the bottom.
I love using an Italian loaf that you purchase in the deli section of the grocery store. I purchased all of the ingredients for this recipe at Aldi and was very happy with the results. You could also use sourdough or a french bread loaf if desired.
Be sure to keep any leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat in a 350 degree oven until warmed throughout. To freeze, place slices of cheese bread on a sheet pan and pop in the freezer. Once each piece is frozen, wrap it individually in foil and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The easiest way to serve this cheesy and garlicky bread is from the foil packet straight out of the oven. It's warm, gooey and delicious!
If you're making it for guests at a party, place it on a wooden cutting board with small bowls of tomato sauce or marinara for dipping.
Guests can tear it apart or use a knife to cut it into small pieces.
This recipe can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator until time to bake.
Feel free to use different cheeses for this recipe, but mozzarella is highly recommended since it creates a cheesy center that stretches and is hard to beat. Other variations could include...
- cream cheese
- monterey jack
- cheddar cheese cube between each slice of bread
- cheese mixture such as an asiago parmesan mix
- fresh garlic cloves
- garlic powder instead of bagel seasoning
- red chili flakes to spice it up
Cheese Stuffed Garlic Bread is so amazing, you'll want to serve it with these favorite meals...
- Baked Feta Pasta
- Dutch Oven Corned Beef
- White Corn Chicken Chili
- Lemon Chicken Spaghetti
- Cheesy Skillet Spaghetti
Cheese Stuffed Garlic Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a serrated knife, cut a loaf of Italian bread into even slices without slicing all the way through the bread.
- In a small bowl, mix softened butter with Italian and bagel seasonings until smooth.
- Spread butter mixture on the inside of each side of bread with a pastry brush or knife. Save a little for the top of the bread.
- Spread herb butter on top of bread loaf or drizzle with a little olive oil. Insert slices of mozzarella cheese between each slice of bread, being careful not to break it apart.
- Add shredded parmesan cheese between bread slices to create a nice layer of cheese. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top of bread.
- Wrap loaf of bread in aluminum foil and place on a baking tray or cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes until cheese melts and crust is golden brown.
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!