Caramel Apple Cheese Pastry is loaded with everything you love about autumn on a flaky crust. It's packed with apples, cinnamon, cream cheese and pecans, then topped with homemade caramel sauce for a sweet fall treat!
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 puff pastry sheet (I use Wewalka)
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg. cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Empty can of apple pie filling into a bowl and chop it into smaller pieces.
- Roll puff pastry on parchment paper onto a sheet pan or cookie sheet. Roll edges all the way around. Spread apple pie filling on top of puff pastry.
- With a mixer, blend cream cheese, sugar and egg together. Add cinnamon and mix well. Add tablespoons of cream cheese mixture on top of apples.
- Swirl cream cheese mixture into apple pie filling with a knife. Sprinkle with a dusting of cinnamon.
- Spread chopped pecans over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake puff pastry at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until crust is puffy and golden brown. Cool 30 minutes and slice into rectangles.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, and cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk for 5 minutes until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla and stir. Cool for 10 minutes, then drizzle over slices of apple pastry. Keep leftover caramel sauce in the refrigerator in a mason jar or sealed container.
- Chop the apples into small pieces for best results.
- Be sure to use cold puff pastry. Gather all of the ingredients before you roll out the pastry so it will stay cold during prep. The colder the puff pastry, the better it rises.
- After rolling out pastry onto a sheet pan, always roll up the edges all the way around so it will hold in the filling.
- Since ovens vary, watch pastry carefully to make sure the edges don't burn.
- Category: Breakfast or Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel apple pastry, apple cinnamon pastry, danish pastry, cream cheese pastry, apple desserts, caramel dessert