Four kinds of beans in a sweet and zesty sauce will make this beloved dish the hit of your summer picnics!
- 1 can (15 oz) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) white navy beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup zesty BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (if you like it hot)
- 1/2 tsp steak seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in the biggest casserole dish or pan you've got.
- Bake for 1 hour until a light crust forms on top.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
If you like meat in your baked beans, add 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon or ground beef before baking.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: baked beans, calico beans, BBQ, vegetarian