Try Broccoli Cheese Casserole if you want to skip adding condensed soup. It has all of the cheesy flavor and none of the ingredients you can't pronounce!
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise - I use Duke's (ad)
- 8 oz. pkg. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blanch frozen broccoli in water by bringing to a boil in a saucepan for 2 minutes.
- Drain broccoli and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, beaten eggs, and cheddar cheese to make the filling.
- Add drained broccoli to the filling in the bowl and mix gently.
- Pour contents into a 6 X 9 casserole dish or fluted pie plate.
- To make the topping, melt butter in a dish in the microwave. Add herb seasoned stuffing crumbs and crushed french fried onions to butter. Mix well and sprinkle on top of filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until casserole is golden brown and bubbly.
Double the recipe for a 13 X 9 inch casserole dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: broccoli, broccoli and cheese, broccoli cheese casserole, thanksgiving, holidays, casserole, sides, comfort food