Blueberry Lemon Crumble is loaded with plump blueberries and lemon zest for a tart and tangy treat. The crumble topping is buttery and crisp, which makes this dessert outrageously good and easy to make in just minutes!
- 3 to 4 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 stick cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place blueberries in the bottom of a 13 x 9 or 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Mix remaining filling ingredients in a bowl until no lumps are present.
- Pour filling mixture over blueberries and toss gently to coat. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients for crumble topping together.
- Fold in cubes of butter.
- Mix with hands or put in a food processor or mixer until dough is crumbly.
- Crumble dough over the top of blueberry filling mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- If topping isn't golden brown, cook under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Frozen blueberries may be substituted for fresh if desired.
- Be sure to mix the lemon juice and cornstarch together until no lumps are showing. This helps the filling thicken when baked.
- Use cold butter to make the crumble topping. Using melted butter will not work in this recipe.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry crumble, blueberry cobbler, blueberry lemon dessert