Classic sausage balls are made with Bisquick, spicy sausage, and sharp cheddar cheese. Additional seasonings and sour cream are added to create the Best Sausage Ball recipe ever!
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 8 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded by hand
- 1/4 tsp. dried garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb. hot pork sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Bisquick, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, dry mustard, minced onion and sour cream together with a hand or upright mixer.
- Add sausage and blend well.
- Using a 1 inch melon scooper, scoop balls of dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
- Serve warm with ranch or honey mustard dressing.
Shred cheese by hand for best results.
Substitute mild sausage for hot if desired.
Recipe yields about 48 sausage balls when using a 1 inch scooper.
Refrigerate or freeze leftovers promptly.
- Category: Appetziers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: best sausage balls, bisquick sausage balls, sausage balls, appetizers, tailgate, holidays