Isn't it time you made the Best Ever Blueberry Muffins? These muffins are bursting with blueberries and taste better than the ones you find in a bakery! A perfect breakfast treat.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 cups blueberries, dusted with flour
- 2 tsp. coarse sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- With a mixer, blend sugar and oil together until smooth.
- Gradually add egg and beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients to wet ingredients with buttermilk. Use a spatula and scrape the edges. The batter will be thick, but try not to over mix.
- Add raspberries and stir gently. Don't worry if they break down. This is a good thing.
- Dust blueberries with flour and stir in gently.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin tins (ad), filling them to the top. Sprinkle batter with sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature of the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes. Oven temps may vary, so check frequently to make sure muffins are not over baked. They should spring back to the touch in the middle when done.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes before serving.
Ovens vary, so you may need to increase baking time depending on the temperature.
Store leftover muffins in the refrigerator.
Muffins can be frozen in freezer safe plastic bags up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator for best results.
- Category: Breakfast and Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry muffins, best ever blueberry muffins, blueberries, raspberries, buttermilk, breakfast, brunch, bakery