Inspired by the famous TikTok recipe, Baked Feta and Tomato Pasta is everything they said it would be. Rich, creamy feta cheese is baked to perfection with tomatoes and spices that's simply divine when mixed with penne pasta!
- 8 oz. block full fat feta cheese
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 8 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- sprinkle of dried garlic (optional)
- dash of red pepper flakes
- coarse black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut in slivers
- 8 ounces penne pasta (or other choice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the block of feta cheese in the middle of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Arrange cherry tomatoes around block of cheese.
- Insert several cloves of garlic around tomatoes.
- Sprinkle block of feta cheese with Italian seasoning, dried garlic (optional), red pepper flakes and coarse pepper.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes until tomatoes are bursting and cheese is melting.
- Burst open all of the tomatoes with a spoon, then stir with cheese until a creamy sauce forms.
- Stir in basil slivers.
- Mix in penne pasta and serve immediately.
This dish is very versatile. Feel free to substitute the type of pasta and cheese or add veggies and protein if desired.
Add salt and pepper before serving if needed. The feta cheese is very salty, so you may not need additional salt.
Recipe adapted from Liemessa's Uunifetapasta.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: TikTok pasta, baked feta pasta, feta pasta