Aunt Julia's Cheese Biscuits are cheesy, buttery, and will spread holiday cheer to your friends and family!
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar, shredded by hand
- 1 lb. butter, softened
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix cheese and butter together with a mixer until well blended.
- Gradually fold in flour, cayenne pepper, (ad) and salt until dough is formed.
- Roll dough into a thin layer with a floured rolling pin on a floured surface.
- Cut dough into circles with a round cookie cutter (or small glass). ad
- Gather excess dough and form a ball, then repeat rolling process.
- Place one pecan slice on top of each biscuit.
- Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet (ad) and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove biscuits from oven and cool completely or the sugar will not adhere properly.
- Dust biscuits with powdered sugar and transfer to a serving dish or store in an airtight container.
These biscuits store well in an airtight container and will last for at least a week.
Be sure to let biscuits cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.
- Category: Breads
- Method: Mix by Hand
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: cheese biscuits, holiday traditions, cheese, powdered sugar, cookies, cheese cookies